Kagoshima Marathon 2019
- Name of the RaceKagoshima Marathon 2019
- OrganizerKagoshima Marathon Executive Committee Japan Association of Athlete Federations Kagoshima
- Managing OrganizationJapan Association of Athlete Federations Kagoshima
- Co-organizersKagoshima Bank, Minami-Nippon Shimbun Co., Ltd., Minaminihon Broadcasting Co., Ltd., Kagoshima Television Station Co., Ltd. (provisional)
- Date and TimeSunday, March 3rd, 2019 (race will take place rain or shine)
8:30 am Marathon and Fun Run start
10:15 am Fun Run finishes
3:30 pm Marathon finishes
Check-in Time and Date
From 1:00 pm to 8:30 pm on Friday, March 1st, 2019 (provisional)From 10:00 am to 8:30 pm on Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 (provisional)
- Please check-in on either March 1st or 2nd.
- No check-ins will be accepted on Sunday, March 3rd, the day of the race.
- Where to Check-inCentral Community Center (5-9 Yamashita-cho, Kagoshima City)
- Competition RulesThe race will be conducted in accordance with the 2018 rules and regulations of Japan Association of Athletics Federations (JAAF) and the race organizer.
- CourseMarathonThe race starts at Dolphin Port with a turnaround-point at Shigetomi, Aira City, and finish at Kagoshima City Hall. The course is certified by JAAF. Fun RunStart at Dolphin Port and finish at Yamakataya.
Event, Max. Entrants, Time Limit, Entry Fee
Event Entry Type Maximum Number of Entrants Time Limit Entry Fee Marathon
General Runners 1 person
Group (2 to 5 runners)
10,000 Runners 7 hours 10,000 Yen Registered Runners Fun Run
Runners middle school-aged and above 1 person
Group (2 to 5 runners)
2,500 runners 1 hour 45 minutes 3,000 Yen
- * The breakdown of the maximum number of Marathon entrants (10,000 runners) are 7,000 "General Runners", 2,500 "Kagoshima City Citizen Runners", 250 "Outside Kagoshima/From Overseas Runners" and 250 "Furusato Taxation Runners".
- * The time limits are based on the gun time.
- Prize for Participation
(T-shirt Size)Please refer the below table for T-shirt size (JASPO standard).
Size SS S M L O XO Height (approx.) 160 cm 165 cm 170 cm 175 cm 180 cm 185 cm Chest Measurement (approx.) 84 cm 88 cm 92 cm 96 cm 100 cm 104 cm
- * If size is left blank at the time of order, the T-shirt given will automatically be S for women and M for men.
- * A change in size after ordering is not accepted.
- * Aside from the prize for participation, a towel will be given to all marathon runners and a medal will be given to runners who finished.
MarathonRunners must be at least 18 years of age on the race day (excluding high school students)
1. General Runners: runners including non-registered runners with the JAAF
2. Registered Runners: athletes registered with the JAAF for the 2018 fiscal year
Fun RunRunners middle school-aged and above
- * Runners must be capable of completing the race within 6 hours and 40 minutes.
- * Runners in wheelchair are not permitted for both Marathon and Fun Run. Visually impaired runners (with an ID including physical disability certificate) who find it difficult to run alone may have an escort runner (guide doges are not allowed).
Cut-off times are set at each checkpoint due to limitations of traffic control, security and event operation. Furthermore, for runners who lag excessively behind the cut-off time pace and interfere with traffic control being lifted will be disqualified.
Checkpoint List Distance Cut-off Time Gate No. 1 Kagoshima Kamoike Stadium South Gate 4.5 km 9:33 am Gate No. 2 Bronze Statue of Saigo Takamori 9.4 km 10:15 am Gate No. 3 Shimizu Elementary School (East) 11.4 km 10:34 am Gate No. 4 Ryugamizu Station (first half) 17.3 km 11:30 am Gate No. 5 Shigetomi (ahead the turnaround point) 26.1 km 12:53 pm Gate No. 6 Shirahama Shrine 29.1 km 1:22 pm Gate No. 7 Ryugamizu Station (return route) 33.9 km 2:08 pm Gate No. 8 Senganen 38.9 km 2:55 pm Gate No. 9 Nagata Junior High School 41.7 km 3:22 pm
- * Only Gate No. 1 applicable for Fun Run.
- Awards1. Marathon (overall): 1st to 8th place for both men and women separately 2. Marathon (by age group): 1st to 3rd place for both men and women separately (24 years and under, 25 to 29 years, years divided into 5 year age groups up until 74 years, 75 years and above)
- * For awards by age group, an awarding ceremony will not be conducted and a certificate will be sent at a later date.
- Start LineMarathonIn order to ensure a safe and smooth start of the marathon, standby blocks will be set according to the times athletes declare when registering regardless of whether they are registered with JAAF.
- * Those who do not declare a time will start from the blocks at the rear of the line.
- * Please declare the time according to the runner's actual running ability.
Fun RunAfter the start of the Marathon, the Fun Run will follow.
- * There will be no signal gun or recording of time.
(Compliance of Regulations by the Race Organizer)The organizer recognizes the importance of personal information and treats them by complying with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations as well as based on its personal information protection policy.
For the purpose of improving the service for event participants, personal information will be used for guidance of the event, notification of records and information related to the event, provision of services from the sponsoring/ partnering/ related organizations of the event, announcement of the record (including ranking), and questionnaires, etc.
- * There may be cases where participants are contacted by the organizer or Kagoshima Marathon Entry Center with regards to the contents of their application.
- CostumeEntrants competing in the registered runners category are not permitted to run in costumes.
For runners that are not in the registered runners category are permitted to wear costumes. However costumes that are not suitable for sporting events including costumes that may displease or compromise with the safety of other runners or spectators are not permitted.
Furthermore, runners may not participate in the race with a baby carriage or with a pet. Race organizer may disqualify the runner in such event.
- 1. Groups of 2 to 5 runners are accepted for group entries (only via internet).
- 2. Please confirm all members' entry status beforehand.
- 3. Should the entrants be randomly selected by lottery, the lottery result is applicable to all members of the group (the result of the lottery will be informed to the group representative only).
- 4. The starting blocks will be set according to the times each member declares when registering. However please note even if the members declare the same time, the starting block may differ.
- * Overlapping individual and group entries are not accepted. Please note that entrants with overlapping entries (all members for group entry) will be disqualified.
- 1. Participation fee as well as commission fee are non-refundable should the event be cancelled due to a cause not attributable to the organizer, such as an earthquake, storm, flood, bad weather, snow, incidents, accidents or epidemics.
- 2. Event participants should carry out sufficient training prior to the event, should take responsibility for confirming their health condition through health checks etc., and should take all possible care to ensure they are in the best of health before participating.
- 3. In the competition venue, including its course, it is prohibited to wear or display things with an intention of advertisement such as designs or trademarks that suggest a company or product name.
- 4. Please use public transportation to come to the venue as there are no parking lots in the area. Please note the organizer will not be liable for runners arriving late due to delays in public transportation or traffic conditions.
- 5. If there is an emergency such as an accident or fire during the competition, emergency vehicles may run on any part of the course. In such cases, participants will be asked to halt their performance by following staff instructions.
- 6. Video recordings, photographs, articles, record of individual achievement, etc. from the race may be used as advertisement materials for the race's programs and posters, as well as introduced on TV, radio, newspapers, magazines, websites, etc. This will be done for the purpose of the management and advertisement of the race by the organizer or a third party that is approved by the organizer, etc.
- 7. Apart from the points mentioned above, please follow the instructions of the organizer with regards to the issues related to the competition,
- 8. Receipts for participation fee
A receipt will not be issued for payments made by credit card. Please refer to your credit card company's statement or bill.
A receipt will not be issued for payments made by the specified money transfer form or via convenience store. Please use the copy obtained after payment transfer as your receipt.
Schedule until race participation
|Internet||Specified Money Transfer Form|
Start of application
Start of application
Notification of the lottery result
Deadline for entry payment
Sending of application documents
* Please have the exchange ticket for your number card ready.
8:30 am Marathon and Fun Run start
On Special Entry Runners
Overseas Runners (no selection by lottery, entry accepted in the order of application)
Maximum 250 runners
Applicable Runners: Oversea residents
We also have a "Tour with Guaranteed Entry to the Marathon" available so you can not only participate in the race but enjoy sightseeing.
Please see here for more information
* Please contact JTB Sports Station at +81-(0)6-6252-4009 for more details.